Art Analysis

 

Tamera Captain

ART F200X

Professor Lisa Kljaich

31 May 2022

 

Art Analysis

“Alaskan Doll’


This piece of amazingness is made by Michelle Dunaway. She is an American artist whose paintings are revered for their bold brushwork yet sensitive portrayal of emotions that capture experiences onto canvas. Every stroke of this painting is with excitement and love. The raised textured paint helps the caribou fur look 3-D.

This particular painting is of a young Koyukon Athabascan girl wrapped in a softly tanned caribou hide, while holding a homemade, hand sewn toy doll made by Michelle’s Grandmother. Dunaway exhibited a strong penchant for drawing and that fascination has continued throughout her life and career. She has many wonderful paintings, drawings, sculptures, and is very famous in the Art world.

Just by looking at this painting I can see the girl’s personality, innocence, and love just by the details of her eyes, looking into her eyes is mesmerizing. The color she used on the doll and caribou hide make this painting pop!

The main reason this is my favorite painting on earth is because this little Alaskan Doll is my daughter Shantell. As for the question ‘Would I own a copy of it?” I do have my own copy.  

For more information about the famous, Michelle Dunaway, here is her website. https://www.dunawayfineart.com

 

Comments

  1. Tamara Thank you for sharing this portrait, I found this picture to be very appealing to the heart. I agree with your statement how the eyes capture in my opinion she captures my soul. I would absolutely own a copy/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Modern 1980 to Present: Games